Our culture, benefits, flexibility, and dedication to our Educators’ career growth create a unique and meaningful workplace. We look forward to reviewing your application and other future opportunities.
|Child Development Center substitutes are utilized on an as needed basis. Key candidates will possess experience working in childcare, and have a flexible schedule.
A. Provide Supervision and Instruction for CDC Children
1. Supervises the children in the classroom setting.
2, Assist with field trips and scheduled events.
3. Obtain twenty in-service training hours per year in Early Childhood.
4. Assist in planning a developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities that meet national accreditation standards, DHS, Three Star CDA standards.
5. Assist with Lead teacher to complete weekly lesson plans.
6. Comply with the education content mandates of the Head Start Performance Standards, program assessment, and work plans.
7. Assist Mentor Teacher in utilizing agency assessment software to track each child’s ongoing developmental skill level in the eight domains as required by the Head Start Performance Standards.
8. Utilize pre and post assessment tool (s) to track each child’s developmental growth and collaborate with local school district regarding outcomes.
B. Provide Services to Families
1. Attend all related family and school functions at the center.
2. Complete required daily/weekly communication forms.
3. Counsel with parents as necessary, regarding any concerns or positive communications
4. Provide current information to families on child development and parenting issues.
Other Job Related Duties as Assigned by Supervisor.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
Schedule: M-F, Days, On Call As Needed.
1. Minimum 2 years previous experience working with young children in a group or educational setting.
2. Formal training in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or other related fields.
3. Minimum of CDA Credential required, Associates degree in Early Childhood or related field, preferred.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Salary: $8.00-$10.00 p/hour DOE
|Complete application and submit resume|