Tatweer Petroleum is an established and respected company, bringing together the unique experience, knowledge and expertise of its partners.
The Company’s primary goals are to increase the production of oil and the availability of gas to meet the future energy demands of the Kingdom of Bahrain, in line with the nation’s Economic Vision 2030.
|This position reports to the Section Head of the Gas Distribution & Sales team within Gas Distribution and Sales and is responsible for (i) performing gas supply and demand data collection and analyses, including analysis of historic data and forecasts of future gas supply and demand, (ii) reviewing and updating of forecasts, (iii) collection and analysis of LNG market data, (iv) compiling monthly reports and (v) performing various analytical and other research projects as directed by Management. The position holder will be a key member of the LNG procurement team and will be expected to have knowledge of other team members’ work areas and be able to deputies for those team members if required.
• Providing analytical support for the LNG Section Head
• Producing Monthly Report for internal management and the LNG procurement steering committee (LPSC) covering:
- High level LNG market news
- Operations news
- Commercial news (e.g. any LNG tendering underway or imminent)
- Rolling historic and future gas/LNG supply and demand
- LNG inventory
- Commercial information (pricing and cash flow)
- Incident summary
• Development of relevant models (local LNG market, tender analysis, scheduling – for use by Contract administrator)
• Analysis of LNG tenders
• Tracking and analysis of the LNG market (product and shipping) – includes subscriptions to market publications
• Tracking and analysis of Bahrain gas and LNG market (production, sales and supplies) leading to detailed understanding of gas and LNG demand forecasts
• Ad hoc presentations to senior management and members of LPSC, communication of analyses and purchasing plans to members of GDS section, coordination with GDS on operational plans and
• Any other regular and ad hoc data collection, analysis and presentation tasks assigned by management
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science, Mathematical, Finance or Business discipline
• 5+ years analytical including modeling
• Experience in the Middle East preferable
• Demonstrated Commercial skills
• Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office with exceptional Excel skills
• Strong Teamwork skills
• Exceptional Analytical (including statistical analysis) and Problem Solving capabilities
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
• Commercial risk analysis
The requirements listed above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. This job description should not be construed as a comprehensive statement of essential functions, duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign, change or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.