Tatweer Petroleum is an established and respected company, bringing together the unique experience, knowledge and expertise of its partners.
The Company’s primary goals are to increase the production of oil and the availability of gas to meet the future energy demands of the Kingdom of Bahrain, in line with the nation’s Economic Vision 2030.
|This position reports to the Gas Distribution & Sales Manager and is responsible for the management of the LNG procurement team as well as having responsibility for the procurement of LNG as agreed with the LNG procurement steering committee (LPSC).
• Developing and presenting LNG procurement strategy to LPSC.
• Implementation of the approved procurement strategy
• Preparation and issue of LNG supply tenders, tender evaluation and negotiation of supply arrangements with LNG sellers in line with approved procurement procedures and LPSC decisions,
• Provision of timely, accurate and complete information to LPSC to enable decisions on LNG purchase to be made in a timely manner,
• Implementation of LNG purchase decisions
• The management and performance of the LNG procurement team, including:
- tracking national gas supply/demand balance to derive LNG demand
- LNG inventory (quantity and quality), including variations from forecast in supply and demand
- development of tender assessment model
- market tracking to provide accurate market pricing information (forecast and historical)
- contract management for the supply, reception, storage and regasification of LNG,
• Preparation of risk analyses (physical and commercial) and flagging risk issues to Tatweer management and the LPSC
• Preparation of annual budgets for the LNG procurement group and control of costs (excluding LNG purchase costs)
• Performance review:
- Setting performance targets
- Team member’s
- Policies and procedures
The position holder will also be required to perform additional tasks as directed by Management. As head of the LNG procurement team, the position holder will be expected to have knowledge and understanding of other team members’ work areas and be able to step into team members’ responsibilities if required.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science, Mathematical, Finance or Business discipline
• 15+ years’ experience in the natural gas business, including 5+ years’ management experience in the purchase or sale of LNG
• Experience in the Middle East preferable
• Demonstrable commercial and decision-making skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Good understanding of risk management (technical and commercial)
• Enthusiastic, motivated self-starter able to work with little supervision
• Demonstrated Leadership and Management skills
• Strong Teamwork skills
Ability to present complex issues clearly and succinctly
Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office
Strong written and verbal English communication skills
The requirements listed above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. This job description should not be construed as a comprehensive statement of essential functions, duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign, change or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.