New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|We are seeking an intern to support the planning and implementation of the NYRR Queens 10K, Run For the Future race buddy, and TCS New York City Marathon Volunteer Leader and Group Leader volunteer programs.
Applicants will exercise and strengthen skills in volunteer recruitment, community outreach, basic volunteer management, and event logistics and planning. The position is for 20-25 hours per week and reports to the Senior Manager of the Volunteer Operations team.
You must be comfortable communicating with our diverse group of volunteers representing the NYRR’s needs; you must also be skilled at managing deadlines and have a strong attention to detail, a willingness to learn new skills, and the ability to juggle tasks.
The Volunteer Operations team manages the recruitment, education, engagement, and retention of volunteers at all New York Road Runner races and events. Our organization’s mission is to help and inspire people through running. Our department mobilizes volunteers to make our mission visible to the city of New York and beyond.
• Assist volunteer Group Leaders in recruitment efforts like registration drives. You will also draft and send all communications to Group Leaders each week through the end of registration for each event.
• Manage Volunteer Leader program communications, including applicant status and event reminders. You will assist the team in organizing orientations and continuing education sessions for Volunteer Leaders.
• Support the Run For the Future Race Buddy program. You will quality control the applications of potential Race Buddies, communicate with applicants regarding orientations, and maintain their application status.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college (or in process of receiving)
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent, and attention to detail
• Ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines, think clearly under pressure, and exercise good judgment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, especially during peak event periods
• Passion for NYRR and our mission
• Experience in recruitment or community organizing
• Experience with Mailchimp
• The ability to comprehend complicated projects and set step-by-step plans to complete them
• You thrive in a teamwork setting that includes constant collaboration
|Please submit resume and cover letter to be considered for the role.|