The NGEN Assistant Program Director (APD) serves as a member of the Programming Department and reports directly to the Program Director.
APD role directly supervises, coaches, and develops part-time and fill-in air talent. Along with the Program Director, ensures the smooth functioning of the Programming Department, including learning, implementing, and contributing creative input and direction for NGEN’s programming. Includes scheduling of all air staff. APD is also required to be able to fill-in on-air for any daypart if needed.
APD role will also be responsible for developing, creating, and maintaining, music-based programming that fits the sound of NGEN (Christian Hip Hop & Pop). Success includes developing meaningful relationships, through music, with people who listen.
Assist with Music Direction
• Responsible for adding, maintenance and rotation of all music at NGEN. This includes:
o Screen new music and make recommendations for new currents
o Work alongside PD on new music discovery
o Lead and participate in weekly music meetings
o Prepare daily NGEN music and program logs, inputting all songs, promos, sweepers and data into scheduling software. Also includes manual review, editing and export of logs, best meet listener’s music needs.
o Assist in preparing weekly and annual music tests; integration of research
• Serve as primary contact with record company representatives. This includes establishing and maintaining relationships, tracking singles and coordinating giveaways.
• Provide weekly reports for National music charts and communication to other interested parties
• Provide reports/feedback as requested regarding music on NGEN
• Assist PD with coordination of programming department activities
• Serve as a back-up to Program Director
• Participate in Pulse, cross-departmental planning meetings
• Supervise PT Air talent, perform regular air-check coaching, and provide needed training
• Pro-actively assist in design and implementation of compelling, faith-based programming that meets the needs of NGEN’s target listener(s), and supports NGEN’s Mission
• Create communications (1-Sheets, etc.) to support programming and other initiatives
• Write and disseminate programming-related memos and information as needed
• Report Quarterly to FCC Issues and Programs List
• Write creative sweepers and promos for NGEN
On Air Fill In
• Perform on air duties and serve as Utility Player or fill in for other on-air staff as needed
• May Voice Track an evening or weekend show
Other work as assigned