- Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
Certification and Licensure:
- State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist) – Full License preferred.
- Meet and maintain eligibility criteria to be credentialed per the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines.
- CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a program that diagnoses, evaluates, and treats minors and their families in a community based setting as needed.
- A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience with children or adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) required.
- Ability to assess, diagnose, develop treatment plans and provide crisis intervention.
- Prior experience in providing and managing mental/behavioral health services and Evidence-Based Practices preferred.
- Previous experience using an electronic medical records system preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office and general office equipment.
- Must be able to provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse and/or neglect in the State of Michigan Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and other states of residency over the past 5 years.
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 25 Lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, maneuver and interact with children on the floor or at a child's level.
- Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrain to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including residential homes, office buildings and special event locations.
- Ability to prepare and inspect documents in hard copy or electronic format. Ability to tolerate exposure to computer screen and operate computer/keyboard and other office equipment on a frequent and/or continuous basis.
- Ability to receive and exchange information and accurately and effectively communicate and converse with others.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.