- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Philanthropy, Public Administration, Communication, Journalism or similar
- Knowledge of the Benevon model, preferred
- Knowledgeable in the donor development lifecycle (discovery, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship) Management with emphasis on stewardship
- Knowledgeable in donor retention strategies
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a metrics driven, donor-centric environment
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge NXT donor CRM
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office and general office equipment
- Must be able to provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse and/or neglect in the State of Michigan Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and other states of residency over the past 5 years.
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to effectively manage time, information and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.
- Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrain to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including office buildings and special event locations
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Ability to convey detailed instructions or ideas accurately
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to prepare and inspect documents in hard copy or electronic format. Ability to tolerate exposure to computer screen and operate computer/keyboard and other office equipment on a frequent and/or continuous basis
- Ability to receive and exchange information and accurately and effectively communicate and converse with others
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.