AIMCo's Private Equity team manages approximately $3 billion of assets, comprised of a combination of Direct Investments and Private Equity Fund Commitments. The team is recruiting a Senior Analyst to work alongside its investment professionals to manage its existing Direct Investment and Funds portfolio, and to assist in future growth by analyzing and executing on new investment opportunities, including those in North America, Europe, and other international locations.
Analyzing New Private Equity Investment Opportunities, and Assisting in the Execution of Selected New Direct and Fund Investments
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new investment opportunities for the Private Equity portfolio, including both Direct and Fund investment opportunities.
- Build complex and dynamic financial models to analyze Private Equity opportunities, incorporating key business assumptions, capital structure alternatives, M&A add-on acquisition opportunities, exit alternatives, sensitivity analyses, and other evaluation metrics.
- Conduct public company and intrinsic valuation analyses, including comparable company, precedent transaction, discounted cash flow, and other valuation methodologies or metrics.
- Perform investment analysis on historical financial results, competitive environment, local regulatory frameworks, macroeconomic or industry trends, and any other relevant investment factors.
- Participate in due diligence meetings with management teams and other private equity funds, as well as those with financial, legal, tax, environmental, insurance, and other transaction-related advisors.
- Assist in crafting internal Management Investment Committee and Board of Directors memorandums, and participate in meetings seeking approval for new investment opportunities.
- Work with internal departments within AIMCo, including Legal, Risk, Valuations, Asset Management, etc., to ensure all internal processes are in place to complete investments once approval is received.
Monitoring New and Existing Assets and Funds in the Private Equity Portfolio
- Assist with monitoring of portfolio investments, and update memorandums communicating investment performance to senior professionals within relevant areas of the organization.
- Liaise with portfolio company management teams, receive regular business performance updates, and assist with other major initiatives including M&A opportunities, refinancings, exit alternatives, etc.
- Participate in meetings with external advisors with regards to major portfolio company initiatives.
Mentoring and Training Junior Professionals on the Private Equity Team
- Train and mentor junior professionals, including Analysts and Summer Analysts on the Private Equity team, and assist with recruiting initiatives, including liaising with universities and interviewing prospective hires where required.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in Private Equity, Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Transaction Services, or other related professions.
- Undergraduate university degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, or other related field.
- Advanced knowledge of financial, valuation, accounting, and economic concepts.
- Strong research, analytical, quantitative and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated interest in investing and analyzing businesses in various industries.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of outstanding academic achievement and performance.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Follow AIMCo on LinkedIn for investment highlights and corporate updates.
For more information and to apply visit the careers section of AIMCo’s website at www.aimco.alberta.ca
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.