AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with approximately $100 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans. Our culture is defined by our core values: Excellence, Transparency, Humility, Integrity, and Collaboration.
Our success as an organization is as dependent on the growth of our people as it is our investments. We provide opportunity to our employees, embrace talent with new ideas and are committed to a culture of continuous learning.
|As the Analyst, Responsible Investment, you will support AIMCo's Responsible Investment program, which considers the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) aspects of AIMCo's investments in alignment with AIMCo's signatory status as a UNPRI member and with international protocols. This position actively addresses investment processes, engagement processes, reporting and advocacy. The primary focus is on proxy voting, conducting ESG portfolio analytics, reporting, and ensuring AIMCo's business practices are compliant with Responsible Investing protocols and relevant governance mandates.
Responsibilities will include working with the Responsible Investment team to:
- Apply AIMCo Proxy Voting Guidelines and corporate governance principles to the Proxy Voting process
- Coordinate and liaise with internal portfolio managers and investment groups
- Identify and assess ESG shareholder engagements
- Conduct ESG portfolio analysis, including gathering carbon foot-printing data
- Conduct research to identify, assess and mitigate ESG risks/value
- Contribute to industry consultations and prepare reports to capture responsible investment activity for various parties
|Our Ideal Candidate|
|- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Economics/Political Science, Finance or Law supplemented by a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in Business or Finance is required.
- Fundamental understanding of the field of corporate governance and sustainability.
- Keen interest in, and knowledge of, the field of Responsible Investment.
- Superior analytical, research and writing abilities; comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to recognize and define problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches.
- Demonstrates initiative, drive, and the ability to adapt to one's environment
|NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information visit the Careers Section of AIMCo’s website.