AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with approximately $100 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans. Our culture is defined by our core values: Excellence, Transparency, Humility, Integrity, and Collaboration.
Our success as an organization is as dependent on the growth of our people as it is our investments. We provide opportunity to our employees, embrace talent with new ideas and are committed to a culture of continuous learning.
|AIMCo is currently seeking a Director, Securities Research & Modeling to join the Risk Management division in Edmonton, Alberta.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Investment Risk Analytics, the position will build and lead a newly formed group that focuses on performing research and developing models to capture and measure AIMCo and its clients’ investment risks. As part of the Investment Risk Analytics department, the group will support the department’s accountability in the measurement of all investment risks: market, credit, and liquidity. The Director is to lead a multi-asset group of quantitative experts in securities modeling that support the calculation of risk measurements. Strong understanding of financial models for the following asset types, but not limited to: interest rates, credit, equity, foreign exchange, and commodities, is required. The group is responsible for researching, designing, implementing, maintaining and applying quantitative models to security masters, working closely with other teams in Investment Risk Analytics to produce exposure and risk measures (incl. stress tests) required for the investment risk management process.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
• Contributing to the strategic direction and vision of Investment Risk Analytics.
• Leading a team of world class quants to perform research and develop security models within Investment Risk Analytics.
• Responsibility for understanding and maintaining all security master data required for accurate risk modeling of all financial instruments in AIMCo’s portfolios and benchmarks.
• Developing models for base-case exposure calculations and analytics for quantitative risk measures.
• Modeling development based on a deep understanding of valuation theories, financial markets and instruments, derivatives modeling as well as statistical model building. Proper design will result in a consistent approach in measuring all material risk factors.
• Creating a framework and maintaining comprehensive documentation of model assumptions, design, implementation, and limitations.
• Proposing financial models by evidencing model correctness through testing the appropriateness of model assumptions and conducting sensitivity analysis.
• Designing tests to monitor the performance of the models and their implementation on an ongoing basis.
• Operationalizing a model control policy to manage model risk.
• Performing bespoke risk and stress impact analyses for a variety of financial structures including exotic securities and deal specific terms.
• Explaining the results of models and analytics to internal stakeholders and supporting the decision process where financial models are required.
• Training, coaching and mentoring staff to elevate their own financial instrument and research capabilities.
• Broad exposure to pricing, risk and calibration models for a variety of financial instruments.
• Development of quantitative skills as well as instrument and market knowledge.
|Our Ideal Candidate|
|• At least 5 – 10 years’ experience leading a securities research and modeling function;
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Financial Risk Management, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics;
• A relevant professional designation (e.g. CFA, FRM) is desirable;
• Excellent command of mathematics, modeling and numerical algorithms;
• Deep knowledge of statistics and time series analysis is highly desirable;
• Proven ability to perform analysis and problem-solve using computational tools;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Self-motivated team player;
• Experienced in leading and developing staff.
|Note: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at: http://www.aimco.alberta.ca